Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Familiar Face

Friday morning , we went to Synge Ward looking for an endocrine patient.. one of the male nurses gave us a name , T.B. " nice young guy... wif tattos all over " I started to chuckle..thinking that it sounded so judgemental.. usually guys wif tattoos are generally nice and very cooperative in terms of giving history and doing examination on em.. The male nurse looked at me and smiled , probably wondering why i was chuckling :P

So we went in.. the name sounds familiar tho.. and saw the guy.. gossshh he looked soo familiar..Jean took the history.. i stood there looking around.. saw his tattoos , those looked familiar too.. and saw his abdomen.. hmm.. i think i've examined that abdomen before!!

When i got home , i was so tired .. ate sumthing and found a spot to take a nap.. on the sleeping bag in front of the TV! I tried to doze off but i kept thinking of the guy...where the hell have i seen him before??? it must be sometime ago.. i tried to put everything together , from the history and from my previous rotation.. but nuthing came together realllyy.. hmm..its not easy to forget a 22-yr old male unemployed wif tattoos all over his arms.. it took me a while before i could get some sleep.. but it bothered me even in my sleep!!! I woke up and my mind was still on that subject..

I couldnt help it , I really need to talk to someone about this.. otherwise it could haunt me for a loongg time! so I mentioned it to my housemates.. they suggested to go back to that patient and just ask him if i've ever talked to him before.. sounds reasonable.. but its weekend already! he might have been discharged by monday! hmm.. even if he's not , what would i say to him??

I've to find a way to let these things go...

1 comment:

nyanya said...

hmmm the mystery of the dejavu stomach. If you saw a stomach with boyo.. that's me! hee hee