Thursday, March 8, 2007

Roughly a month before Final Exam

The tension rises every day.. and the winter vomiting bug strikes again.. loads of ward in Tallaght Hospital have been closed due to the outbreak.. and the final med students are desperate to see as many patients as they can!

Luckily the surgical wards are still open to everyone.. I tried to see at least 3 patients a day with satoko or maybe other ppl in my group.. So far I've seen quite interesting cases.. A lady with ERCP-induced pancreatitis , 2 patients with intermittent claudication , some gallbladder problem and IBD and many more..

And these patients are in the hospital for quite some time.. so everyday , i would bump into one or 2 patients that i've seen before.. and its a nice feeling when they acknowledge you when you see them at the corridor.. and they would wish us good luck for the exam.. we really need that , badly!!

When i was doing medicine , me jean and satoko went to see a middle aged guy with UC.. I'd say he's not too bad with an attractive accent.. however satoko didnt agree with us.. hehe.. we did maintain a good rapport with him.. and last monday , me and satoko got on the same lift with him.. couldnt believe he's still in the hospital! He said hi to us and i asked him how's everything and all.. It felt amazing when someone like that still remembers us ,the medical student who didnt contribute anything to help him with his disease and yet still get the acknowledgment..

These little things are really a motivation for me to finish my study , pass my final exams (hopefully with some honors!) and be able to wear "Dr. Shaz Shaharan" badge :)

1 comment:

nyanya said...

Other than wearing the badge with "Dr." written on it, when you passed your exam, you could also:
- create an email account with dr, doc or md in your account name, e.g. shazmd@yahoo.com, or drshaz@hotmail.com
- put automatic signature in on email that you send, as Shaz Shaharan, M.D.
- make a joke "I've been Mister-ed" or in your case Miss-ed when someone didnt address you as Dr. Shaz(anyone who don't understand this, can ask me to elaborate. I get this joke from a doctor. I didn't get it the first time either)

I'll add more if I can think of more fun stuff you can do! kekekek

Anyway, GOOD LUCK!!